Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oscar 2012 Predictions

It's been a long time since my last post, but what better time than the so-called "Super Bowl of Cinema," the 2012 Academy Awards. With my predictions for winners of the most notable categories, I am hoping to broaden the scope of what POK will be covering; going beyond the political and economical realm and into a more cultural blog. By covering not only issues of politics, but also of film, literary works, music, philosophy and other mediums, I hope to give a hardly objective viewpoint on today's culture.

So, without further ado, here are my predictions for this years major Academy Awards categories.

Best Original Screenplay: Midnight in Paris

Best Adapted Screenplay: Hugo

Best Cinematography: The Artist

Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)

Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer (The Help)

Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer (Beginners)

Best Actress: Viola Davis (The Help)

Best Actor: Jean Dujardin (The Artist)

Best Picture: The Artist


There you have it. We'll see how I do in a matter of hours. Please know that these are not necessarily my picks for each category, but how I can most objectively guess each winner to be.

I will shortly be posting my personal best films of 2011. It'll either be a top 5 or top 10. Depends on how tough it is. Shouldn't be too bad, considering the weakness of the field this year compared to last.

Would love to hear your thoughts on my picks or even what you think may be a big winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment